Growing a Photography Brand to Expand Geographic Reach
Heather, of Timeless Tides Photography, is a photographer who enhances people’s lives by documenting their most important moments. She contacted me because her current website wasn’t uniform and wasn’t attracting her ideal clients. Heather dreamed about being able to expand her geographic reach. She didn’t mind traveling to the closest big city, but didn’t have the client base she wanted there. Heather needed a website that showed that she was able to compete with a big city photographer. She was also very concerned about her site not being “generic”.
Based on her concerns about being generic and her photography business, we focused on highlighting her photos and have them help tell her story. Heather’s passion for her photography comes from her grandmother and her logo is very personal as it depicts a personal memento from her grandmother. We worked to honor her grandmother’s legacy in little touches throughout the site. Heather’s new site showcases her beautiful photos and establishes her as a photographer that can be trusted to take great care with life’s most precious moments. She can now compete with city photographers, while still welcoming the clients she has worked with for years.
- Created page designs that highlighted Heather’s photos
- Added carousel slideshows to show off each photo without a lot of white space depending on the aspect ratio
- Changed the language to represent a larger geographic area
- Integrated the site with Timeless Tides’ CRM for appointment scheduling and inquiries
- Set up easy switching of background photos so that Heather can update photos at any time